Disclaimer

These items are not for sale through this blog.

Sellers may be contacted through their kijiji posts. If the posts on kijiji have been removed, items have been sold or are no longer available. A link to each kijiji ad is located at the bottom of each blog post.

Prices listed do not necessarily reflect accurate market value. Details such as year, make, model and condition are listed here as they are found in the original ads and in some cases may be inaccurate.

"Like" Canadian Vintage Guitar Hunt on facebook BY CLICKING HERE

Monday 9 July 2012

1960's SILVERTONE 1448 Amp in case



Vintage Original 1960s Silvertone 1448 Amp in Case Electric Guitar Plays Great

I am selling 1962 Silvertone Amp in Case model 1448. I have attached some pictures. They were made by Danelectro and sold by Sears.

I am open to offers and trades. I would like to sell this guitar today.

Here's the original description from the 1964 Sears catalog:

Electric Guitar OutfitDescription from VintageSilvertones.com
Single-pickup Guitar with 5-in. speaker, amplifier built into carrying case..plus beginner's record.
The Guitar..fine quality, fine sound from solid-center-body electric guitar. About 34x13x2 inches. In glistening black finish with silver-color accents. 18-fret fingerboard of Brazilian rosewood. Separate tone and volume control on body.Description from VintageSilvertones.com
Case and Amplifier..styled in simulated-leather-covered hardboard with accents to match guitar. 2 tubes plus rectifier for rich reproduction. about 37x15x3 in. With chord charts and pick.


My guitar and case are 100% original and in working condition. The vacuum tubes are even still original. I do not have the beginner's record mentioned in the original Sears ad.

The pick ups for these guitars were made from surplus WWII lipstick cases. Unfortunately, mine is split a little on one side.

The guitar was given to me by my mother. She bought the guitar in Detroit 26 years ago. 


$500

Seller is from Mississauga, ON
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AD ON KIJIJI 

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Cool!! Willing to sell it on monthly payments? I am on a small, but solid, pension but cant pay all at once. I has a Harmony Stratotone years ago and I like the semi acoustic sound. Let me know if you are intested.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete